Saturday, April 28, 2012

6/30: Hardest Experience

6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

I'm not really in the mood for a serious, heart-felt post, so this topic may be something I have to come back to with more detail later.

When I think about the hardest thing I've ever had to experience, my parents' divorce is the first thing that comes to my mind. As I've mentioned before, it was a life-changing event for me and for my whole family. Up until that point in my life, it was definitely the most challenging experience I have ever had, and there are still challenges associated with the divorce that I continue to face today. I tell mom all the time that as far as Plan B's go, we've all gotten pretty lucky with ours. Both my parents are remarried and happy and it's hard to imagine our lives without our new blended families. However, this is our Plan B. It wasn't the way it was supposed to be, and you never really get over that. 

As hard as my parents' divorce was (and still sometimes is) the experience I want to share in this post isn't the divorce. The hardest thing I've ever experienced has been my first year teaching. I have been blessed in so many ways this past year. The fact that I got a job teaching was a blessing in itself, especially in this economy. I work with AMAZING people and have formed so many strong friendships in the past few months that I cherish more than they'll ever know.

However, this school year has been an uphill battle, that most days I feel like I've lost. I have faced challenges that I never thought I would have to face. I've been given a harsh dose of reality that has been very hard to swallow. 

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I have constantly been reminding myself of the blessings that are even present in the challenges. First of all, I know it's never going to be this hard again. Also, I've learned a lot about myself, my strength, and my teaching style. As the end of the year draws near, I'm forced to reflect on all the things I wish I could go back and change but also all the things I am proud of. I faced the challenge and I made it through. And that's something to proud of. 


On a lighter note:

Tonight was my brother's senior prom. It's hard to believe he's all grown up! But I am so proud of him and I know he will have a blast tonight. (My mom on the other hand will probably get very little sleep, bless her heart!) 


Love him!!

Hope you all have a delightful weekend!

Hugs,

Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment