Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Getaway

So this past week was cuh-razy!! I thought I would never make it to Friday. Here's my weekly update (the highs and the lows) via pictures...


Tuesday was Family Night at school - "The Amazing Science Race". We had a great turnout and sooooo much fun! However, it did make for a longggg work day: 7:00AM to 8:00PM. whew.


Thursday, I had an intervention meeting after school and was then planning on meeting up with some co-workers for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant in town. I was right on schedule....until I ran out of gas. I work in a teeny, tiny town, out in the middle of nowhere, and was literally stranded in every since of the word. Fortunately my knight in shining armor husband came to the rescue and I still arrived at dinner in time for margaritas! Delightful! 

Friday, my brother and sister-in-law were in their school's performance of Hansel and Gretel. The whole cast did so good! This was definitely a high point of my week! 

Delanie (on the left) was a gingerbread girl.

Josh (also on the left) was a goblin, Frick. His best friend was Frack and they were hilarious!


While we were in town for the twins' play, we also dropped our dogs off with my in-laws because the Mr. and I were hitting the road. My sweet, very thoughtful husband, knowing I had had a physically and emotionally draining week, sent me an email on Friday asking if I wanted to go out of town for the weekend. We never just pick up and leave, so my response was simple and immediate: YES!!!

We spent Friday night contemplating where to go and after several suggestions (including one to board a plane to New York City first thing Saturday morning ;) ) we agreed to head to Raleigh. I went to school at NCSU and have really missed living in Raleigh. It was great to escape to the "big city" while also being able to reminisce on our college days. 

We went to all our favorite places, the places where we usually spent our weekends together, and it was simply wonderful! 

We ate all our favorite foods, including California Pizza Kitchen and Carolina Ale House.


We went to all our favorite stores (and might have gone a little overboard). 

We even went to our favorite movie theater. We stayed in a hotel, which is always fun, and made it feel like more of a "vacation". And even met up with two of our friends from home who now live in Knightdale. 

Being back in Raleigh was definitely bittersweet. We spent a lot of time talking about how much our lives have changed over the past year. We, of course, missed our puppies (we have a serious problem) but loved the time away together. Even though it wasn't an extravagant vacation it was just we needed to wrap up my cluster of a week.

And while there are a lot of things I do miss about being in college and living in Raleigh, I sure was glad to get back home this afternoon. 

It's cold and rainy here so the rest of our night will look a lot like this before another hectic week begins! 


Hope y'all have a fabulous week!


Hugs,

Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment