Thursday, May 10, 2012

14/30: Strengths and Throwback Thursday

14. Describe 5 Strengths You Have.


1. Persistence - I never give up. I'm as stubborn as they come, which drives my husband crazy, specifically in the middle of a disagreement. But I definitely consider this my number one strength - now more than ever. When I set my mind to something, I'm going to get it done. I don't particularly enjoy a challenge, but I don't back away from one either. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, and even if it kills me, I'm going to stick something out to the end. If for no other reason than to at least be able to say I did it. 

2. Trusting too easily - I know, I know. This is also listed as a weakness from yesterday but like I said, I think, I think it can be a strength too. I always try to see the good in people and even when it's hard, that's what I try to focus on. I like to believe that people mean what they say. I know it's not always the case, but it's the world I like to live in. 

3. Organization - I have to work really hard at it, but I think I'm pretty good at being meticulously neat and organized.

4. Empathy - I've always tried to relate to people and personally, I think I'm pretty good at it. I try to put myself in other people's shoes and am usually able to see, and relate to, both sides of a story. 

5. Being Opinionated - I think it's important to have opinions, be willing to share them (in a civilized way), and be confident enough in them to stand by them. Having strong opinions about certain things is definitely a strength. 



Now for a little Throwback Thursday fun - 

With everyone talking about graduation, I can't help but think about where I was in my life a year ago. It has been a crazy eventful year. I know I'm not taking it way back but...

This time last year:

Wedding Season was in full swing - Robbie and I were being showered with gifts and love.

I was finishing up student teaching and stocking up for my very own future classroom (with a little help from some very sweet Kindergarteners.) 


I was celebrating graduation with my best friends.

(My sweet Kindergarteners were there for graduation too.)

Willow was brand new!

And I was frantically preparing for the "real world" - job searches, house searches - this time last year, I didn't even know what city I was going to be living in! 

Like I said, it has definitely been a whirlwind of a year. 


Hugs, 

Marianna


No comments:

Post a Comment