Wednesday, May 23, 2012

18/30: Forgiveness

18/30: What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?


I sometimes feel like I might harp on this too much, so I'll keep this post short (and I have some much more exciting news to share anyway). 

My parents' divorce has probably been the most difficult thing for me to overcome and required a whole new level of forgiveness I didn't really know I had. Throughout the whole process, I went through a roller coaster of emotions. Anger, betrayal, disappointment, panic, relief, frustration, annoyance, sadness: you name it, I felt it. 

I had to learn to forgive my parents for the mistakes they both made so that we could all move on to a new (and at times, better) family. 

With all of that being said, forgiveness is often something that I offer up too easily. I have a really hard time staying mad at people and tend to move on past things pretty quickly. Most of the time this is an okay way to be. But there are those times where I get caught up in the "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" mantra.

Either way, I think forgiveness is a crucial part of life and something everyone should learn to do. Just remember, forgiving is different than forgetting. While you shouldn't stay hung up on things that have happened in the past, you should always learn from your mistakes while offering the necessary forgiveness when it's deserved. 



Moving on......I have HUGE news!


Robbie and I are officially homeowners!!! (Scary - I know - but oh so exciting!) We closed on Friday and it is officially ours!

We won't move in until the middle of June because the lease on our other house isn't up yet and there's a lot of work that needs to be done first.

And let me tell you, work is what we've done. 

Our first job was to rip out all the carpet, which my beast of a husband did in about two hours Friday night while I was at a dance recital! 

Next, we knocked down a wall (with help from my father-in-law and step-dad), opening up the kitchen/dining room/living room area.


It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it has made the biggest difference already.


Once that wall came out, we got to work stripping wallpaper and patching holes (I am the Queen of Puttying by the way!)


Next on the to-do list - sand the walls and start painting! We've already had the ceilings repainted so now we get to start the fun stuff! I'm not a huge fan of painting, but I'm excited about seeing everything come together, and getting paint on the walls is going to help with that a lot.

I will say though - it has been an exhausting 5 days. Being at school 8-10 hours a day and then working on the house for another 2 hours, plus keeping the house we're actually living in right now clean, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, and taking care of two dogs is hard work. 



With that being said....this girl is going to bed early tonight!

I hope you're all having a nice (not too busy) week!

Hugs,

Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment