Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Hate New Years Resolutions...

They suck for several reasons.

1. They're always the same. 
Go to the gym more.
Eat healthier.
Be more organized.

2. They've completely bombarded my Pinterest newsfeed.
What used to be cute Christmas mantel inspirations 
have been replaced with cheesy inspirational quotes
and pictures of buns and thighs of steel. 

*Just for the record, cookies taste delicious, always, and running makes my knees hurt. This is not a good argument Pinterest.*

3. They never last.
Everyone is going to jump on the exercise, 
lose weight, eat better bandwagon
but before we know it,
February will be here and we'll be stuffing our faces 
with chocolate and wine.
The laundry still won't be done in a timely manner;
we still won't do that "clean one room of the house each day" bull,
and my thighs are still going to be a far cry away from "steel". 
2013 will look a whole lot like 2012 
in that regard.

So, did I make a list of New Year's Resolutions, you ask?

You bet your bottom dollar I did.
I mean, everyone's doing it, right?

{Sidenote: I do think it's ridiculous how everyone decides 
they need to start making better choices
about eating/loving/living/etc in January.
This is something we should be doing year round, folks.
Also, the extreme resolutions are never going to work.
We've got to be realistic.
End sidenote.}

So, for your reading pleasure...
my realistic New Year's Resolutions.

In 2013 I plan to...


2. Give my puppies lots of sweet kisses.

3. Make more of an effort to dress cute for school.


Seriously, the khakis and boat shoes have got to go.
I am not a 13 year old boy. 

3. Spend more time snuggling with my husband
instead of my iPhone/computer.

4. Continue to stay ahead of the game with lesson plans. 

So far, so good. Let's see if I can keep it up during the long stretch
that is February, March, April.

5. Eat more gluten-free meals.

(Okay, so this one may or may not be realistic.
I'm two days in eating no wheat and veryyyyy limited dairy 
(just one low-fat yogurt at lunch)
and it's no joke. I have lots of reasons for wanting to eat wheat/dairy free
and it's not to lose weight btw
but I also have lots of reasons for not wanting to eat wheat/dairy free.
French fries, sour cream, corn bread muffins, just to name a few. 
Nonetheless, I'm trying.
We'll see....)

6. Stop saying the f-word so much.
This one's for you mom.

7. Stop stressing out about the little things.

8. Rinse dishes and put them in the dishwasher
AS SOON AS I use them,
instead of letting them pile in the sink for days.

9. Wash my face every night before I go to bed.

10. Hug my kids more.

11. Call my Mema more.

12. Send out handwritten cards, just because.

13. Eat more some leafy green vegetables

14. Stop using so many paper towels every time 
I get the smallest drop of water on my hands.

15. Limit my complaining about petty things.

I can't cut it out completely.
Sometimes a good bitch-fest is juuuuust what the doctor ordered.

16. Finally follow through with the changes 
I've been dreaming of for this little bloggy-blog.
Stay tuned.


Happy 2013 y'all!
Let the crash diets begin.



Hugs,


3 comments:

  1. Loving the not saying the F word as much! I need to work on that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gluten free is so amazing. I have a gluten sensitivity but its so expensive so I only cut it out when its the main ingredient. It is so much better for your body and its works wonders for anxiety. I saw your facebook post. Let me know if you need some helo.
    I can't help with the dairy though cause i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha trying not to be a repeat offender every day is also up there with what I want...haha not sure if my partner will approve the extra spending that would have to be done to make this come true!

    Happy New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete