Monday, May 27, 2013

That time I used to be a blogger

Oh hi!
Remember me?
I used to blog pretty regularly around these parts.
And then....I just didn't.
You know it's pretty bad when your husband casually mentions,
"hey, so you know you haven't posted a new post since like, last Tuesday?"


I wish I had some spectacular explanation as to why I haven't been blogging lately.
Like I've been too busy climbing Mt. Everest. 
Or training circus elephants.
Or auditioning for the next season of The Voice.

Unfortunately, none of those things have happened since you saw me last.
I've just been in a funk lately.
I've had zero motivation to blog.
Sure, great blog ideas still occasionally pop in my head.
Usually when I'm on the potty or in the shower.
But that's where they've stayed.

Even now, sitting here, it feels forced.
And I just don't think a "hobby" should feel forced.

However, I do love this hobby.
I enjoy blogging and I honestly believe it's one of the reasons this past year
has gone a lot smoother than last year. 
And I remember when I was little,
sometimes going to dance or piano lessons or cheerleading practice 
felt forced. But I did it anyway.

So here I am. 
Just doing it.
Because I do like blogging.
And maybe if I just get back on the horse it'll come back to me.
And wa-lah, the motivation will hit me.


Stay tuned.



1 comment:

  1. We all need a break sometimes. It'll start feeling good again, I promise!

    ReplyDelete