Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What I did (and didn't do) this weekend.

I didn't...get a tan. Even though I did...go to the beach and work in the yard all day Sunday. I tell ya what, I'm not completely sure I see the point of yard work if you don't have freshly sun-kissed skin to show for it. Something about pretty landscaping? Eh.

I didn't...do any school work. Honestly, I haven't done much school work on the weekends period this year. One of my new school year resolutions.

I did...cook, not one, but two meals. Immmmpressive.

I didn't...make it downtown to see the cast of Buckwild. Call me crazy, but I just was not interested.

I did...drink a little too much wine on Friday night. I blame my mother. I always drink a little too much when I'm with her. Something about the free booze?

I did...fight the impending hangover Saturday morning by waking up at 9:00 and going for a run.
Yep. You heard read that right.

I did...go for a run. Outside. In the morning. It was exhilarating.

I didn't...go grocery shopping for the week. Robbie took care of that for me last night. #husbandoftheyear

I didn't...completely realize the history behind Fort Macon. Although I do now.

I didn't...stick to my gluten free diet. I've been really bad about it lately. I swear I was ten times healthier and toner three months ago when my body was covered by scarves and sweaters. Now that it's actually bikini season, all I want to do it eat. I think this is what's called, God's sense of humor? 

I did...get really sad when the weekend ended. As always.



Now let the countdown begin for next weekend - which will be 3 1/2 days long, full of cookouts, bikinis, and sun. Come on Friday!


1 comment: