Friday, June 21, 2013

Being Organized

I am obsessed with being organized. And I like to think I'm pretty good at it - or at least better than some. But, honestly I am always, always looking for a better way to organize things.

I've mentioned before that I would rather organize and reorganize my house ten times over than dust or vacuum it. If everything is in it's place I can overlook the dog hair tumbleweed rolling through the hall. (Oh, come on. You lab owners know what I'm talking about.)

Anyway - one thing that I can never seem to get organized is my "electronic life". My emails, my blogs, pictures on my computer, etc. Something about it not being a hard copy throws me.

With this whole switch to BlogLovin (which has had me uber stressed by the way. I didn't even know what Google Reader was but apparently now it's going away and I need to panic about it?) I figured it was a great time to get at least my blog life organized. Especially once I realized I could sort all of my blogs on BlogLovin into nice little groups, I was in heaven.

Two things happened because of this.

1. I realized I "follow" a lot of blogs that I never read. Whoops.

2. I realized I was now double following several blogs. I'm not exactly sure how that happened, but I'm getting it sorted out.

I'm sure in a couple of weeks, I'll realize that I accidentally unfollowed some of my favorite blogs too and we'll start that whole process.

This is going somewhere, I promise...

Apparently one of the blogs that I "followed" but didn't even realize I was following is What the Flicka?

This particular blog caught my eye yesterday because one, that's a catchy name, I don't care who you are, and two, yesterday's post was about this piece of deliciousness.


And just like that, I was hooked. Come to find out, it's Felicity Huffman's blog. I met her one time. In high school on Good Morning America. And she makes Strawberry Angel Food Cake Martinis. So we're pretty much best friends. 


Obviously, I couldn't make these martinis last night, or any of the other 349085 yummy things I found on her blog cause I don't keep all that stuff on hand.

But you better believe I'll have one of those in my hands while I #backthatazzup. (Except really, I'll probably put it down before I actually start any type of dancing moving, only because martinis spill way easy.)



Speaking of backing that azz up, I was going to put Miley's new song in today's post....until she released the video. To which I have to say - "please, Miley, we wish you would just stop."



I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment