Friday, December 20, 2013

Things I've Learned THIS Week.

A few days ago, Helene wrote a post about a few of the important things she's learned throughout 2013. I think it's important to look back and reflect on lessons learned. And Helene had learned some pretty valuable things, as I'm sure we all have over the past year. Like how to twerk. And how to not wear a black and white Beetlejuice shoot. And for most I really feel like the sock bun reached perfection in 2013.

However, I am currently rounding out The. Longest. Week. of my life and I feel like the lessons I've learned this week alone really rival some of the things it took me a whole year to figure out.

The Top Ten Things I've Learned This Week 

1. Full moons the week before Christmas break were created by the devil as a personal vendetta towards all teachers.

2. Duck Dynasty is a big f-ing deal. And A&E is apparently in big trouble. I'm still not 100% sure what all went down. But I know that hell hath no fury like pissed off rednecks.

3. Apparently watching 19 First Graders open, read, and share personal Christmas letters from elves make me all mushy inside. Seriously, it's the cutest thing ever.

4. I am in no way, no how ready to have kids.

5. Aimee's artichoke dip is the most delicious thing I've ever put in my mouth.

6. When hosting a party, having a "pre-game" glass of wine before the guests get here plus 8 glasses while they're here is no bueno. Especially if you're not going to eat any of the delicious food you prepared for the party.

7. Impromptu Mexican dinner dates with friends at 3:30 in the afternoon are the greatest things ever.

8. Checking e-mail is a pain.

9. You can't, in fact, wear a real tree skirt as an actual skirt. Not unless you want the "hospital-gown effect".

10. In England, people have a "stir-up day" where they make yucky blucky fruit cake five weeks before Christmas. And then don't eat it until Christmas. Five weeks later. That ish still blows my mind.


Like I said, it's been a pretty eventful week. And all things considered, it's been a really good great week. With that being said, I am more than happy to finally put this 30985409823 day week behind me. Seriously, Friday I thought we'd never meet again.




Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Hell hath no fury like pissed off rednecks. My Facebook feed proves that one, jeesh.

    ReplyDelete