Monday, June 30, 2014

Guess who back, back, back again?

It's meeeee!

Y'all, I have missed this little piece of blogland.
So so so much has been going on since I last popped in (30488098 years ago).

First and foremost, it's officially summer time and the livin is easy.
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. Having the summers off is so nice.

We wrapped up the school year with awards, end of year parties, our favorite school memories, silly string, happy dances, talent shows, and lots of other end of first grade shenanigans. This past school year has honestly been my favorite to date. Don't get me wrong...I have loved every single student I've ever taught. And the end of year always brings time for reflection and gratitude for everything I've learned from each set of crazy kiddos I've had. However, this group of kids touched my heart in such a different way than my other groups. I was reminded this year why I became a teacher. And as excited as I am for a break, I was a little sad to see the year come to an end.

Anyway...with that being said. It did come to an end and after a week of workdays cleaning and packing my room plus two days of reading trainings, we packed our bags and took our crazy, dysfunctional blended family to Mexico.

Yep, you read that right!
Mexico!!

I'll be posting several detailed recaps throughout the week (more than one post in a week say wha?) so be on the lookout for those.

Until then all you need to know is it was wonderful and I've been in withdrawals ever since we got back. Una cerveza por favor? The views were breathtaking, the weather was perfect, and the people were muy amable.

I want to go back...like yesterday.






1 comment:

  1. TOTES jealous of your Mexican vacation! I keep telling my husband that he needs to whisk me away the second the book is published--but I don't reeeeeeeally see that happening. More likely: we'll just fix my car. haha! YAY for summer! If I can ever figure out this stick shift thing, we're meeting in Raleigh STAT GIRLFRIEND.

    ReplyDelete